Wednesday, July 31, 2013

No Shop July - Closet Styling 07.31.13

Oh myyy we made it. I successfully went a whole month without any personal shopping. I don't know about you but I really needed this. Putting our new home together is costly enough. And will remain my focus for the next few months. BUT, I will no longer deprive myself of the occassional new nail polish or sale find. All in moderation.

If you've missed the past posts in this series, they can be found here:


I'm excited to welcome my sister-in-law back to the blog! She's been participating in No Shop July as well. She has great taste so I've asked her to give us her take on shopping her closet. The inspirational photo she chose is one I love. What do you think?

Meg

Inspiration:
via Pinterest / original source unknown

Meg's Take

Top: Gap
Scarf: Gap Outlet
Watch: Michael Kors
Bracelets: Alex & Ani, Stella & Dot

How amazing are the gold Sperrys? I loove them.

Tracey

I was looking for a good date night outfit recently. A, let's dress up and go out for some good drinks, type of outfit. I stumbled upon this photo and had one of those palm to forehead moments. I've had these black shorts for years and always forget about them!

via Pinterest / original photo - Lookbook

My take


Shorts: H&M (old)
Shoes: Franco Sarto (via TJ Maxx, old)
Necklace: Gift from J
Watch: Necklace: Gift from J
Lipstick: Maybelline Whisper in Who Wore it Red-er

I decided to go with a more subtle look than my inspirational photo. But, who doesn't love a bright lip?! Or a sock bun in this heat for that matter.

I've really had such a blast putting this series together. I find myself search for inspiration more often and thinking about how I can use items I already own to recreate a look. 

Thank you so much to those of you who participated!


What about you? Have you done any closet shopping lately? Remixed any new outfits? Here's your last chance to link up! 

Talkative*TLC


All I ask is that you link back and share this the link up with your readers. I'd also love if you would follow my blog on  some platform (GFC, FacebookTwitterBloglovin, etc)




If you like this post please let me know by leaving a comment or liking my Facebook page. You can also follow along on TwitterPinterest, and Instagram. Let's stay in touch!

Linking up with What I Wore Wednesday, Three-fer Thursday

2 comments:

  1. Love your take! Thanks for sharing your look with Three-fer Thursday :)
    xo Bethany
    www.perfectlycoutured.com

    P.S. I tried to fix the no-reply thing, but having trouble due to google +

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bethany! I just tried responding by email and it still says no-reply. What a bummer. Are you liking Google+? I ended up switching back because I was having issues with my Google+ profile.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips