Monday, January 28, 2013

Vaulted Ceilings

Of all of the open houses I went to last weekend with my mom, there was only one that I'm keeping on the list. Unfortunately, it needs a lot of work. J's dream of course....and lately, I'm really warming up to the idea. The possibility of updating a space to exactly what I want is very, very tempting. The downside, home improvements aren't cheap. The upside, houses that need a lot of work can be much cheaper to buy.

One idea I have on the brain lately is vaulted ceilings. The one house I currently can't stop thinking about is a 4 bed/2 bath ranch. But the basement is HUGE. And has a whole separate storage area. So, why keep the low ceilings in the living room? The attic space just doesn't seem necessary. 

If you don't currently read House*Tweaking, you should. Dana is a genius when it comes to home design and updating a space. This is definitely where my interest in vaulted ceilings stems from. Look at how much bigger a rooms looks/feels.


This is what I'm currently loving, a vaulted ceiling over the living room but leaving the dining/kitchen space alone. You still maintain the open concept, but seem to separate the rooms by the varying ceiling heights.

And if you're raising the ceiling in the living room, why not the master bedroom too? I am in love with this. And when I showed it to J, his response was, "I don't see why we couldn't do this." Whaaat. Happy, happy, happy wife. He is so on board with me lately when it comes to what I want in the next home, it's a little scary.
via

What do you think? Would you go through the hassle of raising ceiling height if you could? Do you think I'm just plain old crazy?

Happy Monday!


xoxo,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips