Wednesday, July 10, 2013

No Shop July Challenge - Closet Styling 07.10.13

Good morning! And welcome to the second installment of the No Shop July Challenge Closet styling series. You are in for a real treat today. Not only do you get to view my restyled outfit, but I have two lovely guests joining in! I hope you'll be linking up your own outfits at the end too!

What I am absolutely loving about this styling series is that you just might look at an article of clothing you've had for years a little differently. Pair it with a belt this time, add totally different accessories, pair colors you hadn't considered before. It's fun, and even better, it's free. So while we tend to "shop" our own closet daily for outfits, hopefully this provides you with a little inspiration to mix things up.

Tracey

This was such a fun outfit for me to put together. Sadly the weather didn't cooperate for pictures so I hope you don't mind the bright white wall behind me.

Inspiration:
 via

My take:
Shirt: Old Navy
Skirt: Loft
Sandals: Jack Rogers
Bracelets: Alex & Ani
Watch: Michael Kors

Lauren

I am completely in love with this denim vest. Man, 20 more days until I can purchase one of those.

 Inspiration:

Lauren's Take:
Tank: Target
Maxi Skirt: TJ Maxx
Bracelets: Stella & Dot, Beapeamadethis
Watch: Kate Spade

Absolutely love the denim vest and maxi skirt combo!

Meg

This is such a great outfit for day or night by changing it up between flats and heels. I am all about dresses during the summer months and this outfit is perfect. I may have to give it a try... 

Inspiration:

Meg's Take:
Dress: Loft
Belt: TJ Maxx
Sandals: Old Navy
Necklace: Etsy (Bridesmaid gift)
Bracelets: Alex & Ani
Watch: Michael Kors

Meg seriously got this spot on. I love it! Doesn't she look so pretty for her birthday dinner?!

Direct quote from Meg - I've only worn this dress once before and now I can't wait to wear it again! 

Like I said before, it can be so fun to shop around your own closet and mix things up! 

Thank you so much Meg & Lauren for participating!! This was such blast to put together. If you're interested in joining the closet styling series and don't have a blog to link-up, no worries! Send me your inspiration photo, pictures of your outfit, and any details you can provide on where your outfit is from. I would love to include you in next weeks post.

What about you? Have you done any closet shopping lately? Remixed any new outfits? Link it up! 

Talkative*TLC


All I ask is that you link back and share this the link up with your readers. I'd also love if you would follow my blog on  some platform (GFC, FacebookTwitterBloglovin, etc)






I'm linking up with with Bethany for Three-fer Thursday!

If you like this post please let me know by leaving a comment or liking my Facebook page. You can also follow along on TwitterPinterest, and Instagram. Let's stay in touch!



5 comments:

  1. love your look!

    i love the denim vest too, but i'm torn about buying one because its such a trend. i was almost contemplating making my own with a denim jacket i have that i don't love, but might make a good vest. not sure if the proportions would be right though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your look! I am definitely wearing a lot of pink and chambray this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the chambray has little anchors on it. It makes it like extra-summery. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You guys did a great job. No shopping is SO hard. I did the #closetremixchallenge on Instagram last month. I was good but then in July I went overboard with shopping because I missed it so much. :( Good luck to you guys!

    Lauren
    Style of One's Own

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving all three looks, especially the first one with the anchor top and orange skirt! I did a closet remix challenge back in February and it was so hard to not shop! I am trying to keep my shopping to a minimum this month since I will get to hit up a huge outlet mall in August! Good luck and thanks for linking up with us :)
    xo Bethany
    www.perfectlycoutured.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips