Wednesday, July 17, 2013

No Shop July Challenge - Closet Styling 07.17.13

I can't believe we're at week three already! Thank goodness. These sale emails are starting to haunt me.

In case you happened to miss the past two closet remix posts this month, you can find them here:


This week I decided to style a date night outfit. We can wear jeans on Fridays at work, so I finally broke out my white jeans recently (in that day of cool weather before this second heatwave...). What makes this outfit different than what I'd normally wear? For one, a belt. I kind of just stopped wearing them, especially with jeans. Second, tucking in my blouse. And third, bright on bright. I mentioned this during week one of the challenge, never considering wearing white with something bright like red, pink, or orange. And it's true. I guess I tend to stick with cooler colors when wearing white pants - purple, blue, grays. 

My Inspiration


My Take


Shirt: Old Navy
Jeans: Express (via TJ Maxx)
Belt: Gap Outlet
Shoes: Timberland

I'm working on my model poses for you. :) 

Now it's your turn! Share your recently styled outfits with me (please). I need some more inspiration!
Grab this button and link up your outfit posts here.

Talkative*TLC


All I ask is that you link back and share this the link up with your readers. I'd also love if you would follow my blog on  some platform (GFC, FacebookTwitterBloglovin, etc)

I can't wait to see what you've put together for fresh summer outfits!





Linking up for What I Wore Wednesday, Three-fer Thursday

If you like this post please let me know by leaving a comment or liking my Facebook page. You can also follow along on TwitterPinterest, and Instagram. Let's stay in touch!


11 comments:

  1. I love your shirt!!! What a great take on Kendi's outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, when you've mastered the outfit poses, wanna give me some tips? i cant help but feel super awkward when i force age to snap some photos....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving using a tripod lately. That and having a very secluded backyard seem to get me past the awkward feeling of it all lately. :)

      Delete
  3. You look great! I love both the inspiration and your take on it. :)

    Lauren
    Style of One's Own

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the outfits! If you got a chance, please link up to my linky party: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2013/07/what-we-wore-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this pink top! Your blog is adorable, now following :) That's Kendi via Kendi Everyday blog just an FYI if you wanna check it out!

    xo, Ainslee

    abeautifulheartblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ainslee! And thank you for the sourcing info - I actually didn't even recognize her in this picture!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I love your version, the pink top is so cute! Thanks for linking up with Three-fer Thursday :)
    xo Bethany
    www.perfectlycoutured.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I'm not normally a fan of wide leg pants (because they look so unflattering on me), but you look so great in them!

    xo, Jessica
    xolovelovelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. perfect take on that look!! you look great

    xo Jessica
    www.NewlyLoved.com
    stop by if ya get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the pink and white ... I must do a no shop challenge some day ... D:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips