Friday, July 5, 2013

Fun Fact Friday 07.05.13

A little later to post today, whoops. That's what taking the day off from work will do. Ahh. Felt good to sleep in and be woken up by the sun instead. Yes, we still don't have any shades upstairs. So I've been getting woken up at about 6:50 mornings when I get to "sleep in". Hey, it's better than 5:20 am!

I hope those of you in the USA got to celebrate the 4th of July yesterday! It's a holiday that always tends to sneak up on me, but is always sooo much fun. We ended up hosting a little BBQ here and I can't wait to do it again next year! Who's coming??!

So here we go, here's what going on over here these days -

1. The No Shop July closet restyling linkup is still open! I'll be keeping the linkups open until Tuesday nights, before the next week linkup begins. Check out the outfits these girls put together this week by shopping their own closets!

2. I stumbled upon a new to me blog this week and I must share. This post in particular has really stuck with me. It is very inspiring.

3. I got to visit with this little guy yesterday morning. Do you know how badly J and I want another one now?! J is seriously in love with our little nephew. He's a very laid back puppy, for now ;).

4. I decided to mix up some chicken salad for yesterday's BBQ. I was going to just wing it, but decided I'd consult the experts and just make sure I wasn't leaving out anything major. Of course I went straight to one of Ree's recipes first. I had already baked my chicken (I like the flavoring better) but used her recipe otherwise - and substituted greek yogurt for the sour cream. It was fantastic. And there's plenty left to enjoy over the weekend (love that about cookouts).

5. I stole this from a good friends instagram account....these are the best Solo cups ever! I bought them accidentally but am SO glad I did! We ended up hosting a beer olympics of sorts yesterday. Competitions included - beer chug, flip cup, horseshoes to 11, cornhole to 11, kanjam to 11. J was the commissioner and everything ran smoothly. Although teams were picked at random and almost all ended up co-ed, no surprise that the two guys team won.

6. The rest of this weekend will include house projects, yard work (boo), hopefully a beach visit, and hosting dinner for our parents (eek!). Have any good/easy recipes you want to send my way??


Have a fantastic weekend!

Coming up Monday - updated house tour/to-do list! See you then. :)

Linking up with H54F, That Friday Blog Hop

If you like this post please let me know by leaving a comment or liking my Facebook page. You can also follow along on TwitterPinterest, and Instagram. Let's stay in touch!

1 comment:

  1. You have a wonderful blog!! I'm your newest GFC follower from the “That Friday “ blog hop - this is my blog if you wanted to follow back: godsgrowinggarden.com
    Thanks
    Angie
    PS – I would also like to invite you to a blog hop called: “The Great Blog Train” currently live on my blog (the kind of hop where you link up your homepage)– Thank you! Great Blog Train

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips