Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pinspiration

2/27/2013 - Welcome! I've decided to link this post to the YHL, Bower Power Pinterest challenge since it was my first and I am so proud of it! Hoping to get a more timely pinterest challenge project done in the future for the next challenge! Wish me luck!

We've all come to know and loooove pinterest. Admit it, you can't help it. And you were a pinning animal in the beginning because there are just SO many great ideas! And if you're like me, you're probably still pinning like crazy. no judgement here.

Last spring when I first joined the site, I came across this photo:
via
And immediately knew exactly where I could replicate it. Although my husband doubted my abilities to hang photos, I'm proud to say that the blog world had my back. I knew exactly how to hang a gallery wall thanks to the many blog posts I had read about it. 

After measuring the wall and taping it off on the floor as a template, I began placing out my frames. Wow, was I glad I hit up The Christmas Tree Shop and loaded up on frames! With the layout set I began cutting out newspaper in the shape of each frame, marking off where the nail would need to be placed, and taping the newspaper templates to the wall. Here's a photo of how it looks on the wall at this point (sorry about the quality, these are phone pictures).

As you can see, I started with the bigger frame in the middle and worked my way outwards. Drum roll please...
skinny gallery wall
This little wall has lead the way to many more DIY projects. It gave me the confidence and inspiration I needed to starting making our condo feel more like home. I have since added a few new photos, and will upload a new picture soon. As you can see in this photo, the far right frame, second from bottom was empty when the wall was first completed. But thanks to pinterest, it is now filled with one of these beauties - 

via Poppy & Pinecone
J & I honeymooned in Hawaii and fell in love with Maui so this piece of art was just too perfect to pass up. I've since used this Etsy seller again to order my sister one of CA with the heart on SF (where she met her now fiance....awww). And would recommend them to anyone considering. No bad experiences here.

I'm currently working on a gallery wall in our living room, but less personal photos, more travel ones. I'll be sure to post some photos once it's done.

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips