Tuesday, February 28, 2012

MAC Makeup

This weekend while in NYC, a few of us decided to get our makeup done at MAC. At the MAC stand-alone stores you can get your makeup done for $50. Not too bad I guess, but at the MAC counter at Macy's, you're makeup can be done for free. Now, that's more like it.

I should clarify to say that if you'd like your whole face done up, you do need an appointment and it's actually $75. But, if you're like me, and don't really wear face makeup anyways, you can get eyes done for free. 

I am always amazed at how eye makeup turns out when done by a makeup artist. I've learned a few tricks through the years that I put to use when we go out on the weekends but I never feel like my eyes stand out as much as I'd like them to. I always feel like I have a decent amount of makeup on, but its not that noticeable in photos. Well, to me at least. 

Here's an awkward photos of me & my done up makeup...


I've used MAC in the past for makeup too. They are so reliable. For our one-year anniversary, J & I had reservations at the restaurant we went to the night he proposed. I figured it would be fun to sneak a nice dress, etc to work and get all dolled up before meeting up with him. Getting my makeup done was a last minute decision. But I am so glad I did it! Ever since our wedding, I love fake eyelashes. I know, weird, right? But I just loved the way they looked that day and would never try to put them on myself. So, I now rely on MAC for that. 

Here's how they did my makeup for dinner with J - 



Umm, notice the difference in my hair?! The water in NYC made my hair so soft and silky....but also a bit flat! The water in San Francisco does this to my hair too. So strange. Oh and don't mind my pale February skin above - yikes!

Back to the subject of this post though..... to be respectful of their time when getting my makeup done, I try to purchase at least one of the products they're using, and eyelashes do count for that. They'll run you about $15 there. I love their products and consider it a way to slowly build my own collection though. My latest purchase? Concealer. Definitely had flashbacks of watching my mom put makeup on as a child when they dotted concealer under my eyes! :)  But, it did make a difference, and I was sold. 

What'd ya think?!


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips