Sunday, February 5, 2012

January Wrap-Up

January always seems to fly by. The holidays are over, winter has settled in, and its time to clean up, clean out, and live a healthier life. 

Here is a recap of a few things J & I did this January-

Rang in the New Year with family & friends -


J Participated in the Polar Plunge the next morning (yes, this is Boston and there's no snow still, yippee!) - 

Hosted a New Years Day Party - 


Found a new dog park for Tucker (still no snow!)- 


 Celebrated a friend's birthday with college friends - 


Attended a Spanish wine tasting event (a Christmas gift from J) - 

Tapas























 Spent a weekend in Rangeley, ME -


Time flies when you're having fun!

The Spanish wine tasting event was held at the Taberna de Haro in Brookline, MA. It was such a great experience- the wine was plentiful, the tapas delicious, and the experience brought back many memories of my time studying abroad in Madrid. I can't wait to go back there for dinner some time soon!

Rangeley, ME holds many winter memories for me. My parents have been renting the house shown above for the past 12 winters. Rangeley is known for its snowmobiling community, but there is also a small ski mountain, Saddleback Mountain, in town. We decided to just relax this weekend and try out snow shoeing while my parents cross country skied. I have to say, I really enjoyed snow shoeing. It was the right amount of exercise, fresh air, and also relaxation that I needed this weekend after a long work week. The dogs definitely loved running around on the trails too.

February is already shaping up to be a great month too! Don't worry, I'll be sure to talk about that soon too. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips