Sunday, February 19, 2012

Cleanse Review - We quit

Yup, we've quit the cleanse. That thang was hard! I know, life's been pretty easy for us so far.... We made it 7 days though. Not too bad, right?

For one week we were caffeine, alcohol, dairy, sugar, and gluten free. And for four of those days, breakfast and dinner consisted of protein smoothies. Dinner smoothies were tough. Not my idea of a great homemade meal. 

Pros of this cleanse
  • Feeling more focused
  • No caffeine dependency
  • Skins feels/looks great from all the water we drank
  • And, kidneys seem to be working at 110%
  • Getting full faster, not overeating (since we've stopped the cleanse)
  • Losing 1 lb. (yup, that's it...wishing it was more)

Cons of this cleanse
  • Missing the taste of coffe. Herbal tea is not my thing.
  • Not working out (this really bugged both of us)
  • No greek yogurt, dressing on salad, butter on veggies
  • No red wine
  • Feeling hungry and not being able to do anything about it
  • Eating this for Valentine's Day dinner:

Creative, huh?

I am really looking forward to getting back to the gym. I've gotten into a routine of going to the gym a few mornings a week and I'd hate to break that.  Oh, and eating real meals this weekend has been great too. 

Hope you're enjoying the long weekend! It's the first time I have this holiday off. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips