Monday, September 30, 2013

Window Reflections: Looking Back

Although we've been spending our free weekends working on our new home, there are times where we stop and think what the heck did we get done? Because even the littlest projects seem to take time. I love when someone who's seen this home since the beginning stops by and notices how far it has come. Because living in it, sometimes it's hard to remember where we started. Even though we see it everyday, or maybe because.

We spent our Saturday afternoon filling nail holes, priming, and painting the window trim in our master bedroom. A job I've procrastinated for months. And while we were happy to have it done, it seemed kind of menial and routine. In order to feel a bit more satisfied with our work, I looked back at a few photos of where we started. Umm, I kind of forget how bad it was at first. Shall we take a trip down memory lane?

Before

In Progress

Today

Like I said, looking back, part of me cannot believe what a wreck the bedroom we bought was! But I've really loved being able to make all the decisions, as stressful as it can be at times. And I'm so impressed with J's carpentry skills. Seriously. So thankful. Obviously there's still a lot left to do, like finishing the nightstands...but we'll get there. And I'll keep looking back at the before photos for inspiration to keep going. Somedays it's needed.

Wrote this post, signed onto Pinterest, found this quote.....perfect timing?


How was your weekend? 
Do tell!


If you like this post please let me know by leaving a comment or liking my Facebook page. You can also follow along on TwitterPinterest, and Instagram. Let's stay in touch!



1 comment:

  1. such a big improvement already! the small changes (and big) really add up. I think you should create a photo album of the changes along the way. it would be pretty cool to reflect back on the progress and hard work you guys put into the house in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips