Friday, September 27, 2013

Fun Fact Friday 09.27.13

This year seems to be flying by. I'm pretty sad next week is October. I kept thinking I still had time to go apple picking but that window closes quickly each year! I better go get my mums and pumpkins this weekend, next thing I know it's going to be mid-November!

Here are a few things we've got going on over here lately:

1. I've had my eye out for a new black bag for well over a year now. But either a) I haven't found something I love or b) I have found something I love but haven't wanted to spend that much money. I stumbled upon this bag at Target last weekend on clearance. And, I had a 20% off Mossimo bags in my Target cartwheel app (discussed here). So far, it has held up really well on my daily commute, I absolutely love it. Oh, and as I mentioned on instagram, I finally found a pair of black ankle pants that fit well! Thank you Cynthia Rowley via TJ Maxx. They fit so well I grabbed a pair in burgundy as well. Picture curtesy of a mirror in the doors aisle at Lowes. New homeowners/renovating homeowners issues...

2. While at Lowes, we picked out a toilet for our new bathroom. J's must have, an elongated seat. Mine, a no-slam lid. God, I hate that noise. In case you were curious, we went with thisone. It was the simplest and had the most modern flusher. It's the little things, right?

3. We are having the hardest time staying motivated for this half-marathon. I really didn't consider the combination of colder weather and dark mornings. It's pitch black here in the morning, I would never run by myself right now. But, I am loving our new Garminexcept when it takes too long to find our location. That has happened out here in the woods. This weekend we'll head out for an even longer run...and I've hardly exercised this week. Wish us luck!

4. Our neighbor stopped by the other day. Yes, that's the biggest tractor ever. Although they do have a farm, this tractor is just for fun.

5. Even though September has flown by, J did make sure to get our lawn care started. As you can kinda see from the pictures, we have a lot of clovers as "grass". That and moss. Hopefully by next year we'll have a nice green, grass lawn!

What are you up to this weekend?
We've got a few house projects on the schedule - painting trim (yuck), painting the kitchen (yay!), power washing the exterior. And I've scheduled myself a haircut - oh la la! 

Have a fantastic weekend!



If you like this post please let me know by leaving a comment or liking my Facebook page. You can also follow along on TwitterPinterest, and Instagram. Let's stay in touch!

Linking up with H54F, Friday Favorites, That Friday Blog Hop



2 comments:

  1. Visiting from H54F - cute bag and I also LOVE your trench coat! I'm on the hunt for one this fall. Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was another item I stumbled upon after keeping my eye out for a while. Good luck in your search! And thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips