Wednesday, September 18, 2013

An "Island" Escape: P&P Tie the Knot

Last weekend, J and I had the privilege of attending the wedding of a former co-worker of mine, Priya. We met at our first jobs out of college, in public accounting. The friends I made during this time in my life are so dear to me. They saw the best and worst in me for sure. Passing my CPA & getting engaged and then married, as well as cracking after 80+ hour weeks, showing up a few Saturdays hungover after trying to enjoy life (a little too much), eating horrible takeout night after night at our desks, the list goes on. They were there. They were there for the late afternoon coffee sessions, the late nights, the end of busy season parties, and the everyday madness encountered working 6 days a week for about 20 weeks of the year.

It was so nice to see so many former co-workers in a non-work setting. Who said accountants can't have fun?! (Don't answer that.)

Priya and Pete got married at Ocean Edge Resort. I had never been there before and I'll tell you one thing, I cannot wait to go back. J and I decided to make the most of the day and get to the Cape early. The weather was perfect and we planned to grab drinks and an appetizer on the water somewhere once we got off the highway. We soon realized that our best bet was to visit the bar right at the resort, Ocean Terrace. We both kept saying how we didn't feel like we were in MA. Beyond the nearly perfect weather, the view and ambience felt more like the Caribbean.

I'll take another one of those drinks!

When it was time to check-in, we made our way into the mansion got our room keys and headed off to the Villages to check out our villa. I had no idea what I was booking way back when I booked under the wedding block so I was pleasantly surprised by the rooms! 
Love the oversized matted frames

The room was so comfortable. We've stayed in so many hotel rooms this summer with all of the weddings that all I expected was a standard king size bed, one big room. I would love to spend a weekend here in one of these villas.

Another sweet surprise, these welcome pails. Priya and Pete put so much thought into their wedding! There were little details everywhere. And I certainly appreciated having the water and Cape Cod chips later that night. :)

Once we were ready to go, we headed back to the main resort for the ceremony and reception. Although Ocean Edge hosts several weddings each weekend, Priya and Pete totally got the best the venue had to offer. Beach ceremony! This was our first beach ceremony, and it was picture perfect. 

An amazing ceremony detail: steel drums. Like I mentioned above, it was easy to forget we were in MA. The music was awesome. I just loved the island feel the steel drums gave the ceremony.

Like I said, picture perfect!

I have to admit, from here on out I was a really bad blogger. These are friends I hardly see these days and it was just so nice to relax and catch up. The cocktail hour was held on the outdoor terrace at Ocean Terrace. And the reception in the main ballroom. Like I said, these two seriously got the very best this venue has to offer! I loved everything about it.

So smart!

Some details I did capture

The beautiful bride! And my handsome date. ;)

 Congratulations Priya and Pete!

We had so much fun at your BEAUTIFUL wedding and couldn't be happier for you! 

xoxo, T

2 comments:

  1. Looks like such a beautiful wedding- I love all of the small details!! Slash can I grab one of those cocktails, please?

    LB

    lbinwonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 <3 So happy you were able to make it and experience a beach wedding!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips