Wednesday, September 4, 2013

LDW Recap

How in the world has it been a week since I last blogged?! Sorry friends. Life has been flying by lately, in the best kind of way.

I plan on providing more detailed posts about the weddings we had this weekend when I have time to catch my breath and process all of the pictures, but let me tell you- we had such a blast this weekend! Two of the most amazing weddings back to back. J and I are so lucky to have such an incredible group of family and friends. 

So for now, here's what else we did this weekend:

Anyone else enjoy the Labor Day shopping sales?! Ann Taylor got me, my mother-in-law, and sister-in-law. Gotta love being walking distance to Providence Place for wedding #1 this weekend! I walked away with these three tops.

 1 / 2 / 3

And on the way home, J and I got a steal at the Restoration Hardware Outlet. Yes, I was just there recently. But you see, J is a stickler in stores where I could easily wander for hours and makes sure I know we're there for one reason. So when we went for the vanities, I didn't consider looking at lighting. We snagged 3 of these lights for $267. Yes, you read that price at RH for one right. Sold! Cross your fingers they work out perfectly because we LOVE them. And- they gave me a 25% off entire purchase coupon good at the end of this month. Yesss.
Maritime Caged Sconce -  Restoration Hardware

After wedding #2 we headed home for a lobster cookout at my parents. They did it last year (J and I were jet setting at the time) and had so much fun they decided to host it again. Twist my arm, I guess you can make me lobster and steamers for dinner with grilled corn on the cob.

We surprised my aunt with this fresh fruit, cool whip, pound cake birthday dessert and spent time playing bocce in the yard. Oh, and my crazy dog decided he liked swimming again. He is so strange.

Monday we slept in, caught up on Ray Donovan, and only changed out of our PJs to run a few errands. The fridge was basically empty, so it was time to get my butt into gear. If you don't watch Ray Donovan you really should. God he is such a stud. The show ain't too bad either. 

Did you see all that lobster above? That was only half of it....so we were all sent home with leftovers. Yess! Although we were originally planning on lobster rolls, I needed more butter with my lobster. So J whipped up the most incredible meal - lemon, garlic, butter sauce with dried oregano, fresh parsley, and tomatoes from my parents garden. Oh and basil linguini I had randomly picked up. It was ah-mazing.



How was your holiday weekend? 


Stay tuned Friday for a sneak peek at our bathroom renovation. Things are starting to come together nicely. Eek! :)

Have a great day


If you like this post please let me know by leaving a comment or liking my Facebook page. You can also follow along on TwitterPinterest, and Instagram. Let's stay in touch!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips