Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Another Brother off the Market

I had all intentions of getting this post together for Monday and start off this week of wedding recaps right. But then we had a wedding Saturday night and friends over for the Sunday football games. In all seriousness I could have gone to bed at 8:30 Sunday night. I kept myself busy until 9 before calling it a night. 3 weddings in 8 days....I was exhausted.

Our week of weddings started out with a family affair. Another brother is married! And it was such a beautiful day. Dating since high school, Greg and Nat wasted no time planning their big day once Greg popped the question last fall. They took an approach similar to J & I - why wait? And we couldn't be happier for them.

So let's see, G&N held both their ceremony and reception at the Squantum Association in East Providence, RI. This place is a hidden gem! I couldn't get over how awesome this venue was. Old school social club meets yacht club feel. Lots of elegant millwork, leather chairs, oriental rugs and a great water view.

Here are a few pictures I snapped during the rehearsal the night before. Dinner (and some great speeches) followed at McCormik & Schmiks.

The rehearsal dinner hosts (love these two!)

For those of that don't know, or maybe you do and you need a link to their site (ha!) Greg has started his own shoe company with a partner, New England Outerwear. We're talking amazing, leather, 100% made in the USA top notch shoes. He surprised all of the groomsmen with newly designed loafers as gifts. Seriously?!
 
 oops, groom moving a little too fast...

The day of the wedding, my sister-in-law Meg and I decided to get our hair done at a nearby salon before meeting up with the bridal party and heading over to the venue. When it was time to go, I met all the ladies in the bridal suite before catching our shuttle. I don't even know how to describe the feeling and emotion that came over me upon seeing Natalie in her wedding dress. I couldn't help but tear up, she looked so beautiful! Instead of being there while she got her makeup done, and her hair done, and put her dress on, seeing it all together was really exciting. I think my jaw hit the floor. I guess it's probably what it's like for the groom when he first sees his beautiful bride (times a million for the groom!).

It was so sweet of Nat to include Meg and I in her few final moments before the wedding. For me, it was really nice to be as helpful as needed - running between the bridal parties with missing boutonnieres, wrong boutonnieres, late shuttle messages, etc. Running in heels on a seashell path...not so fun ha. But it was so nice to be involved.

The Ceremony

I love catching these moments, brides mom looking her way and the grooms mom watching his reaction.

Husband & wife! 

The Formals

Pretty good looking family if I do say so myself

Where we all got our good looks from, our mommas.

But, this post is getting too long! Reception pictures to follow tomorrow. 


If you like this post please let me know by leaving a comment or liking my Facebook page. You can also follow along on TwitterPinterest, and Instagram. Let's stay in touch!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips