Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I'll Have Another

This past weekend we hosted a very successful Derby themed bridal shower for my future sister-in-law Meg. You could actually call Meg my second sister already. In one of those, wow what a small world moments, Meg and my sister Jackie have been best friends since the 3rd grade. Yes, more than 20 years! And therefore, I have also known Meg for more than 20 years. Oh, and did I mention our moms are friends too? Crazy, right?!  I have always appreciated the fact that growing up, Meg treated me like a little sister, always including me in the girls' plans and never making me feel like I was in the way. Also, Meg owned the game Mall Madness, which is the best game ever, so she was the coolest in my book.

Today, Meg and I have become great friends thanks to not only her relationship with Jackie, but also since she will be marrying my brother-in-law Dan next month! How'd they meet you ask? Well, one particular weekend a couple years ago Meg and Dan met while they were both out in Boston at the same bar. I love the fact that they weren't exactly set up. And that after a few drinks, Dan had the guts to go talk to the tall, beautiful blonde he'd seen. And as they say, the rest is history. :) Yep, they have been together ever since.

So with that said, on to the wedding events! I feel very honored to be one of Meg's bridesmaids. Once the wedding date was set for late June, we knew exactly when we needed to host Meg's shower. There was no question that a Kentucky Derby Bridal Shower wouldn't be a huge hit.

Without further ado, the pictures:

The Details

Floating Candle centerpieces
 The Favors - mint seed heart paper to plant
 Mason jar center pieces
 Prizes for the games
 Gorgeous bouquet for the Bride-to-be to take home
 Amazing Derby hat cake

 Don't ask where I came up with the flower bed idea, because I have no idea- it was literally like a lightbulb went off one night. But, I couldn't have pulled it off without the bridesmaids help!
 What a good-lookin couple!
 Mint Julep Lemonade was soo good! And we served them in Derby cups. I'll have another please. :)

The Ladies

 My mom, sister, and I
 Cheers to Meg!

 She's here!!!!
 What a proud mama moment
 Meg with the moms
 Meg greeting her Nana
 Friends table!
 Bride with a few bridesmaids
 Bridal party!
 Bridesmaids


The Gifts!

 Dan showed up in a Derby suit & brought his bride flowers. What a guy. :)
 
A quick game of who knows who best. This went over so well!
 Meg's future initials!
 Crate & Barrel maaay need to restock their shelves...
 Bride with her parents- what a good looking family!
 And the future son-in-law.

The shower was a complete success! 

Afterwards, I headed to my parents to relax for a bit and watch the Kentucky Derby race. Although I was rooting for Bodemeister, I'll Have Another (cookie that is) won the race. It was exciting to watch. (And a perfect post title)

Next on the list of wedding events is Meg's bachelorette party in June at an undisclosed location. ;) And then it's the big day!! Gahd I can't wait!!

Cheers to Meg & Dan!

2 comments:

  1. I'm late to the game on this post, but what an awesome theme for a bridal shower! I am going to share the hat cake picture with my friend who drives wedding carriages. We once spent 2 hours designing custom hats at our favorite shop and mine was a blue straw hat with tan trim and of course some blue feathers. The flower initials are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We had so much fun planning the decorations for this shower. The mother of the bride ordered the cake but I can get the details if you're interested!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips