Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Date Night

In an effort to make more set plans together, try new restaurants, and experience more in and around the city, J & I have decided to switch off planning a date for each other. Our goal is to do this once a month. But honestly, time is flying lately. And the next 4 weekends are filled with wedding extravaganza's so we may need to be a bit relaxed on the timing for now.

Anywho, I told J I'd plan the first one. My plan was to try out a new restaurant and to plan an activity outdoors. It's not that we don't eat out often, because we do (more than we should really...). But it's usually, "I'm hungry," "Me too," "ok, let's go grab a bite to eat at..." And usually, it's somewhere within our neighborhood.

I decided to make reservations at the Red Lantern for Friday night. I had heard great things about not only the food, but also the atmosphere so I was excited to get there. I had stopped by Tao in New York City earlier this year and absolutely loved the decor there so I was hoping Red Lantern would have a similar design.

I'm still new to this whole, document everything through pictures process so bear with me for now. I managed to snap one photo at the table of our appetizer and drinks. Sumo martini for me (Hendrick's gin, grapefruit, fresh basil, and sparkling rose) and Kettle One on the rocks for J. And notice J's glass to the far right of this pic, since when does on the rocks mean an entire glass of vodka?! Holy smokes. We also split their chicken lettuce wraps which were delicious, but a bit messy.


Dinner included the Crispy Bliss sushi rolls (tempura sea bass, piquillo pepper, caramelized pineapple) and Teriyaki Noodles Steak. Both were amazing and I would definitely recommend them to you. We were already eyeing the sea bass sushi roll but asked the waiter for recommendations anyways and when he mentioned it, we knew we had made a great choice.

A quick photo I snapped of the lighting and high ceilings/outdoor feel.


After dinner we headed down Boylston Street to grab another drink before heading back home. We ended up at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel's M Bar & Lounge after hearing a jazz band playing from the street. There's nothing better than live music sometimes. Cab Sauv for me, Manhattan for J.

Sorry so blurry, I had to really increase the exposure on these ones since it was so dark in the bar. And they're phone pics...

Well, while at the Mandarin, we ended up running in to an old-coworker from my public accounting days! It was so great to see her and catch up. Before I knew it, we were discussing the gummy bear martinis at the Chilmark Hotel, and then we were on our way there!

This was delicious! 

Our Friday night date ended at the Chilmark Hotel where we said goodbye to my old co-worker and headed home to get some rest. I had planned something for us to do Saturday morning and was excited to spend the day outdoors. Stay tuned for the rest. 

Date night outfit:


Top: Sarah Spencer (via TJ Maxx)
Bottoms: Rich & Skinny (via Rue La La)
Shoes: Kelly & Katie (via DSW)
Handbag: BCBG
Watch: Puma (via Rue La La)
Jewelry: Alex & Ani bracelets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips