Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Stitch Fix #2

First off - Happy Birthday to my Mom! We seem to grow closer by the day and I am so lucky to have such a wonderful woman to look up to (and I really can't complain when people say we look alike - aren't I lucky?!). 

Sorry for the quality...stole this one off facebook.

We're getting warmer! My second StitchFix has arrived. I'm having mixed feelings about it. Part of me still loves the concept of it and am impressed with the  hand-picked, custom-to-you service. Something's missing for me. My stylist just seems to be a touch shy at picking what I'd absolutely love. But the personal note included in this package reiterating some of my comments from my last StitchFix makes me happy. They want to send me what I'll wear. But like I said, something just seems to be missing.

While I absolutely loved this first dress when I took it out of the box, the fit is all wrong. Totally bummed too. The color is great! Would have loved to have worn this to one of the many weddings we have this year. Sadly, my broad shoulders didn't work with this dress. And the cut did nothing for me either, no curves whatsoever.
Next up was a wrap dress. I don't even know the last time I wore one so I was hesitant to put it on. Funny how I go from having no hips above to woah nelly! below. 'ello hips. Sorry for the blurriness in these, quick moving here. This dress fit better than I was expecting, but I just don't see myself getting enough wear out of it. Even though it doesn't look it, it felt short due to the very flowy skirt. One wind gust and hello!

Next up was a sheer dot blouse. J and I had the same reaction when I took it out of the box, looks nice but ugh black. I don't wear black tops all that often I guess. But....I did love this top once on.
 Love the fit, the sheer overlay, the dots....even love the black! (though a bold color would be fun too)

Lastly, I received a cardigan and a scarf. Oh boy, the cardigan. It's tiny, it's sparkly, it has buttons with gems in the center. It is sooo not me. Short cardigans just do not work for me and my love handles.

The scarf on the other hand, is gorgeous! Bright, bold colors have me super excited for summer. I'm torn on whether to keep it or not right now. What do you think?

So what do we say, third time's a charm? I'm planning to keep the black dot blouse so the $20 service fee will come off the price of the blouse. Win!

If you like this post please let me know by leaving a comment or liking my Facebook page. You can also follow along on TwitterPinterest, and Instagram. Woop! Woop! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips