Thursday, November 29, 2012

Winter Beef Stew

First off - a very happy birthday to my second mama! The best mother-in-law in all the land! Muah!!

It's about time I gave you another recipe! And what better winter meal than beef stew? Seriously, unless you're a vegetarian, this stew is amazing! There are so many layers of flavor.

This recipe comes from mi madre. I don't know where she got it, but it's the best. I've made my husband a happy man with this recipe!

What you need: 

  • 3 lbs stew meat
  • 2 onions, sliced
  • 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup mix
  • 1 can cream of celery soup
  • 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
  • 2 cans of beef broth
  • 1 can of red wine
  • 1 can of water
  • 5 or 6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 5 or 6 carrots, peeled and sliced
  • black pepper to taste



All you need to do is combine these ingredients in a 5 quart Dutch oven, cover, and bake at 325 for at least 2 hours.

Ok - so one little side step I take (and mom does too), is to brown the meat. Dust with flour, heat oil in a saute pan, brown the edges of the stew meat. Don't cook it all the way through! Just give it some warmth on the edges.


Mix the ingredients as directed above, cover and bake. 


Lastly, enjoy with a glass of the red wine you already opened, a slice of crusty bread & great company.

Tell me that doesn't look hearty & delicious?!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips