Monday, November 12, 2012

west elm holiday

Ummm, guess who I got to meet last Wednesday??? YHL!! I went to my first ever book signing. The bloggers/masterminds behind the blog Young House Love were in Boston to sign copies of their new book.

This book is pure genius. So many great ideas that are easy & affordable. Now I just need a house to attempt these projects on.... YHL is the first blog I started following daily close to 2 years ago now, crazytown. I've hooked some friends and family on it too - it's just that good.

So there was no doubt in my mind I'd be going to their book signing. Even if that meant waiting in a very long line....And when that very long line snakes its way through West Elm, it's really not a bad wait. I was also lucky to have a great friend there with me so we were able to chat/catch up for the 2+ hour wait. Ya, we're hardcore. But it was worth it to meet these two gems!


Oh, and did I mention it was SNOWING in Boston on Wednesday?! Also crazytown. But again, no way were weren't going!

So what were some of the items at West Elm that caught my eye while waiting you ask? Here are a just a few accessories I saw Wednesday that I wouldn't mind having in me casa.

west elm holiday

1 - Industrial Pendant - I can't help but love mercury glass. 

2 - St. Jude Ceramic Owls - $5 of each purchased goes to St. Judes. How amazing is that?

3 - Cozy Throw - omg, this throw looked amazing. Comfy, cozy just like the name. I really liked the Slate colored one and could totally picture it in our home.

4 - Snow Globes - these were perfect. Simple yet so fun. I don't know what it is about snow globes but they always make you smile. I may need to add one to our winter decor over here.

5 - Owl Mugs - owls are huge right now. They're everywhere. These are just fun. I like the white ones best.

6 - Kamal Snow Dots Dinnerware - absolutely loved these. Great holiday mugs without being too in your face christmas-y or winter-y. Though I definitely have a pair of reindeer mugs I bring out each year!

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips