Friday, December 13, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

I'm interrupting this Friday's typical post format for a Thanksgiving recap, finally. Hope you don't mind!


I can't recall the last time I was able to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner with my sister. Isn't that crazy? Well maybe not to some of you, but for me - that's insane! I think it may have been her first year out in San Francisco (6 years ago), but even then we ate dinner with a family friend. My parents didn't join me on that trip. Maybe it's been more recent than then and my memory is failing me...but I don't think so.

So ya, when the opportunity arose to make the trip south this year, I jumped at the chance. Leaped! Maybe I messed up the whole splitting family time and every other holiday thing we've got going on, but I had to. I'm not so sure this opportunity will present itself again for a few years.

Our trip to Charlotte a year ago brought sunny skies and 60 degree temps. This year, not so much. I know the whole east coast had a cold front the week of Thanksgiving, but 30 degrees in the south is just weird!

I didn't do a great job of taking pictures but here are the gems I did capture:

A tradition 

J&A picked out a beautiful Ralph Lauren china pattern for their wedding registry, as well as Waterford glasses. The Waterford pattern is actually the same one my Nona has, timeless. My mom loved how it reminded her of her holidays at her mom's, me too!

A few family iPhone photos...hence the blurriness of some. :(

 J was distracted by the paparazzi (A).



After photos it was time to eat! If you have never rotisseried a turkey (we hadn't) you must give this a go. It was amazing. This may have been the first time I've gone for seconds on the turkey!

Another amazing dish Jackie made, white bean and pumpkin soup with a sage pesto. I cannot wait to make this at home. It was soo savory, delicious, comforting. I really could have gone for a second bowl if we didn't have the rest of Thanksgiving dinner to enjoy.

Last but not least, it wouldn't be a holiday season trip to Charlotte without a visit with J&A's next door neighbors! Oh dear, these people really get into it. The lights were synchronized with Christmas music! And yes, the hunting snowman made an appearance again. (last year's here).


 I did my best to lighten this one up so you could really see the size of this lawn ornament....intense!

Overall it was another great trip to Charlotte! Thank you for hosting us J&A!

What are you up to this weekend?
We have a Christmas party with friends tomorrow night if we don't get snowed in, and Sunday is my Dad's birthday!

Have a fantastic weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips