Friday, December 6, 2013

Fun Fact Friday 12.06.13

The fact that I won't hear my alarm go off around 5 am tomorrow morning is what's getting me through this day. What a freakin long week! I guess that's how any work week after vacation is right? But man, I'm ready for the weekend.

Here's what we've got going on around here:

1. I finally attended my first Boston Bloggers event. And I am soo glad I did. Finally meeting a few ladies I've emailed with and who's blogs I've been following was so nice. Totally made reading these ladies' blogs less creepy ha. Well now that sounds creepy! But you learn a lot about someone from their blog, so it's nice to actually meet a few other bloggers finally. The event was held at Warehouse here in Boston and I have to say, their drink menu looked amazing! It was crowded though and not exactly easy to grab a drink at first so I snagged a water to start and before I knew it, I'd been chatting the whole time and it was time to go! Boo. Martinis next time.


2. We're getting our Christmas tree tomorrow finally. I have never felt so behind on Christmas decorations. The fact that we have nothing out yet is kinda stressing me out. Between a late Thanksgiving, and traveling for it, we're just behind schedule. I can't wait to get out there tomorrow and pick the perfect tree. There may be a few wreaths and mini trees that come home with us too....we'll see. If you're local, where shall we go?!

3. We had plans to head to Maine this weekend so I took Monday off. And then J remembered it's a home Patriots game this weekend, and he's going...boo. But, I'm pretty pumped to have Monday off now, especially knowing I won't spend half the day in a car.

4. Anyone get any unbelievable Black Friday deals? I took advantage of a few online sales to get some of my holiday shopping done but I have more to do. Honestly, I always thought it was crazy how early some people start their shopping. Until this year, when I read one bloggers plan to just enjoy December now that her shopping is done. And you know what, that sounds fabulous. That will be next year's goal. Cherish the Holiday season, don't save all my shopping until December.

5. This mild weather has caused quite the moth invasion over here! Anyone else? If we leave the outside lights one, the house is seriously covered in moths....gross.

6. It only took us 6 months to check out the local nature trails in our neighborhood. We started off on a nice walk down the street to stretch our legs and quickly veered off course into the woods to let Tuck off leash. He had a ball running around like a mad man in the woods. And definitely burned more energy than a measly walk would have done.


7. I still have a Thanksgiving recap I'd like to post next week if you don't mind. This week just included a few too many later work nights.

8. Lastly, I put a call out on Talkative*TLC's facebook page this week for post recommendations and was excited with the feedback. Are there posts you'd like to see more of?


Have a fantastic weekend!

What are you up to this weekend?

Linking up with H54F, That Friday Blog Hop

3 comments:

  1. So glad to have met in person! We all look like devils or vampires with our eyes in this photo! Happy weekend- jealous of your Monday off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're having a great weekend :)
    Visiting from High Five for Friday link up!

    xo, tasha
    twenty-something blog
    Enter to Win a $30 Four Seasons Accessories Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked up some amazing Black Friday deals, actually. All online. (and a few Cyber Monday sales as well ;) Hope you're having a fabulous week!

    xoxo, Amy @ Interpret As You May

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips