Thursday, November 21, 2013

Living Room Updates

I can't quite call this one a reveal just yet. But there has been a ton of progress in our living room. It's the last room we've worked on. It's always been functional (except the fireplace), just not exactly our style.

We're working on it. It's getting there. And I think the finishing touches may happen over time - I'm totally cool with that.




A peak at the to-do list:
  • Paint walls - clean up the thousands of nail holes - after spending an hour cleaning up the paneling, walls were painted SW Ivory Lace
  • Paint ceiling and trim
  • Reupholster couch
  • Add an area rug - post here
  • Add shades and curtains
  • Hang art
  • Spray paint gold frame left from previous owner (moose print)
  • Upgrade coffee table
  • Arrange mantel
  • Get accent tables for the chairs
  • Add more greenery

As you can see, there's still a lot to do in this room. But just the upgrading paint color alone did wonders. I'll be keeping my eye out for accent tables, a new coffee table, window treatments, and greenery. But I'm in no rush. We're pretty mentally and financially exhausted from the past five months. We'll be hibernating for the next few.

Sources: Table lamps - Homegoods / End tables & couch - family / Coffee table - family / Moose Print - Society6 / Area Rug - Overstock / Chairs - Ikea / Floor lamp - Target / Mirror - Homegoods / Fiddle Fig - Ikea / Console table - Made by J


What do you think?
I'm thinking of upholstering the couch in something dark, navy perhaps? I'm thinking navy as the pop of bold color in this room. Possibly use it in the curtains too. And more creams/whites for sure too.

If you like this post please let me know by leaving a comment or liking my Facebook page. You can also follow along on TwitterPinterest, and Instagram. Let's stay in touch!



1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips