Thursday, November 7, 2013

DIY Time: Nightstands

Within a few weeks of moving we purchased nightstands for our bedroom. Those nightstands were the ever famous Ikea Rast and embarrassingly enough, they still stand unfinished. They function quite well as is!

But they're an eyesore. And they've been on the to-do list for far too long. Don't judge - renovating a bathroom, painting trim, painting walls, etc were just a tad more important. But it's time we start finishing up the smaller projects.

I've gone as far as purchasing wood conditioner, stain, and poly. Yet these nightstands are still unfinished! Somebody send me some motivation puh-lease.

Here are a few ideas I have for the nightstands. I can't make up my mind. What do you think?

1. What I'm currently thinking (with Miniwax's new Honey colored stain - a little lighter than Jacobean)
2. What caught my eye a couple months ago (I even bought the burlap)


3. My original inspiration, and much easier than the first 2 options
4. Or go with color? How fun is this?!

Help! I must make a decision this week and get these nightstand finished this weekend. Don't even get me started on hardware, that's another can of worms. So many options!

But it's time to check #46 off the 101 in 1001 list.


Which makeover would you undertake?



If you like this post please let me know by leaving a comment or liking my Facebook page. You can also follow along on TwitterPinterest, and Instagram. Let's stay in touch!



2 comments:

  1. all so pretty! I love 1 and 3 -- the mix of stained wood and white is awesome. can't wait to see what you choose! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Trace - You know my vote is #3! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips