Friday, January 31, 2014

Fun Fact Friday 01.31.13

Last day of January! Wohoo. Keep the Spring countdown coming. And for me, keep the tax deadline countdown coming!

I'm really looking forward to getting my nights back and getting back to blogging more regularly. I miss it! But working 12 hours days, combined with an avg hour commute each way...ya I head straight to bed upon arriving home these days. And will continue to do so for the next couple weeks. Boo.

But here's what's going on over here:

1. I do my best not to wash my hair daily. Somehow, this curly hair of mine has really thinned out over the past few years....and I'm still waiting for those healthy hair benefits from prenatal vitamins to kick in... Anyways, every other day I rely on dry shampoo - a life saver these days as it allows me to sleep in a few extra minutes. But here's my tip: If you know you won't be washing your hair in the morning, spray in some dry shampoo, or baby powder, the night before. Let it work its oil absorbing magic all night. (A big thank you to A Cup of Joe for that tip!).

2. I enjoyed hearing from a few of you about my skin routine. Thinking a hair and makeup routine might be up next. Creature of habit over here, I need you to let me know what I'm missing out on.

3. Baby C:

  • J and I may have visited Buy Buy Baby last weekend... And I may have loved every minute of it. The associates we dealt with were incredibly helpful. Yes, I needed to know what stroller I wanted at 15 weeks! I can't help it. I was born for this gig and am so excited. Plus, now we can look for any deals. Am I right?
    • My stroller must haves:
      • Foam filled tires - the idea of having to worry about a flat tire on a stroller? No thanks.
      • Not too heavy - the stroller I originally wanted was 25 lbs. Well in the city that's totally fine, but in the suburbs where I'll be lifting it in and out of car? It's too much. So we've settled on a smaller, 15lb version. (We think, so no extra details yet)
      • Accessible, good sized storage
      • A plus: front and rear facing seat option
  • My mom and I may be starting the furniture shopping/browsing this weekend too....Combine an overly excited Nona-to-be with a list maker who loves to get things done (and is an overly excited mama-to-be) and well, I wouldn't be surprised if the nursery is done before I enter my third-trimester...fine by me!

4. Do yourself a favor and make this Chopped Italian Salad. And don't forget the dressing recipe too. It's so easy, and soo good. We added grilled shrimp and paired it with some fresh crusty bread, wine for J, Sanpellegrino for me. Delish! This is next on my list to make.



5. Who will be watching the Superbowl this weekend? Not going to lie, I only really watch to see how my square numbers do. But this video makes me want to root for the Seahawks just for the fan! But please Kevin Jonas, we don't need you to rent us your home, thanks. Especially where only part of that fee is going to charity. Seriously?

6. Well, we just finally saw the Parenthood season finale and I bawled my eyes out at the end. That hit a little close to home, and pregnancy hormones. Wow.

7. My dog is a freak and I wouldn't want him any other way.


Have a fantastic weekend!

What are you up to this weekend?
 I'll be working Saturday but am hoping to head to the gym first. Or maybe after work is better? Sunday will be workout #2, baby furniture shopping, and winning money on superbowl squares! ;)


Linking up with H54FThat Friday Blog Hop

2 comments:

  1. I never considered putting the dry shampoo in the night before but it is kind of genius. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dry shampoo the night before? Never thought about that! That sounds so awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips