Friday, June 7, 2013

Fun Fact Friday 6.7.13

I can't tell you how happy I am to be blogging again. My over-sharing personality was slowly dying inside. But I'm back!

1. Tropical Storm Andrea is really putting a damper on my weekend. I need to paint, clean the pool, run a million and one errands, and enjoy a meal on our new patio set.

2. Story about the patio set....we went with this one. And it arrived completely damaged. Table cracked, all six chairs' metal frames bent, boxes taped back together. Really? You thought this was deliverable? But one call to Home Depot customer service and they were very apologetic and got a new set ordered immediately. Best part, they took an additional 15% off for the inconvenience. Works for me! Especially since the first one was delivered (to my in-laws) before we had even closed on the house.

3. Last Thursday was one of the most stressful days of my life. We didn't know until 7:30 pm if we could close the next morning on our house, and then didn't have final numbers until just about walking into closing. Crazy! So needless to say, I could not concentrate on work. Sometimes, ok often, when I'm stressed I start shopping online. Thank you Zappos VIP for some new summer sneaks! I went with these ones. I've seen so many cute white sneakers recently I decided I'd give them a try.
4. When we closed Friday, I was all ready to wear my moving clothes to the closing. And then I decided to wear something a little more suitable. We were buying our first house! And even though it was 100 degrees out, I went with a new collared shirt. With shorts of course - it was so freakin hot!
shirt - J.Crew / shorts - J.Crew Factory / sandals - Jack Rogers

5. The hardwood floors I mentioned yesterday are now completely installed!! And I have to say, they look great. I am very happy with the choice we made. I'll go into more detail once I find my camera cord and can share more photos, but here's a peek.
This is a small hallway within the master bedroom, leading to the main room. That is my walk-in-closet to the right, and also the future entrance to the master bath.

6. Next up on our reno list is the master bathroom. We'll be meeting with a few different people over the next week to get quotes and then hopefully the work will start very soon. I will certainly share my ideas and decisions as we go! So far we're thinking double wide shower and double vanities. We shall see what the professionals say though!

Any plans for the weekend? We will most definitely be watching the Bruins game tonight! And of course continuing to unpack/organize. Someday, in a year or so, we'll start to feel settled. :)

Have a great weekend!

Linking up with H54F and That Friday Blog Hop

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! Congrats on closing! I'm totally inviting myself over for backyard drinks this summer :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips