Thursday, January 31, 2013

Spicy Pesto

It's been ages since I've posted a recipe.....but who's counting really? (oops!) 

Anyways, this is my go-to pesto recipe. It's from my girl Giada and it is awesome. My only change is that I use grated Parmesan instead of Asiago (personal preference really).

If you like a little heat to your meals, you have got to try this spicy pesto. The flavor from the jalapeno is perfect. 



Ingredients
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1 red or green jalapeno, stemmed and coarsely chopped
2 cups grated Parmesan (or Asiago) cheese
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 ounces baby spinach
3 ounces arugula
1/4 cup olive oil
1 pound pasta



Blend the walnuts, garlic, jalapeno, grated cheese, salt, and pepper in a food processor until smooth.

Add the spinach and arugula and process until well blended. With the food processor still on, slowly pour in the olive oil.

Once your pasta is cooked, combine, and enjoy! I use a vegetable peeler to add a few Parmesan shavings to my meal before enjoying. A little extra cheese certainly helps with the heat of the sauce!

Let me know if you make this. J & I certainly love it. Hope you do too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips