Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A Midsummer Night's Wedding

This past Saturday, I had the privilege of watching a very close friend marry the man of her dreams. It was such a beautiful day. The weather was perfect, the venue was gorgeous, and Natalie and Tom were glowing. I was so happy to be there to celebrate and spend time with all of my college roommates. Where we are spread across several states these days, it's very rare that we are all able to get together.

The wedding was held at Plimouth Plantation. Which, for many of us from the area, is known for its reenactment of the Pilgrims! (And apparently you can pay to have pilgrims at your wedding!) But besides its historical endeavor, it's location is seriously ideal. Halfway between Boston and Cape Cod (ok maybe a little closer to the Cape but that just makes it even better), on the water, and major gardens. I can't believe I had never been to this venue before!

The Ceremony

A groom awaiting his bride!
The entrance was so neat. I may have been a little nervous getting down these stone stairs in a dress but I bet the photos are going to be amazing. The greenery is so lush this time of year.

Here comes the bride! 
I so wish I snapped a photo of Natalie's shoes for you guys. Picture rose gold, t-strap wedges...gorgeous!
 A quick glimpse of the ceremony site afterwards. Soo green and gorgeous!

The Details

These were new to me and I'm obsessed: Antique Hydrangeas. Absolutely love them!
J and I both ordered the swordfish....and were not disappointed whatsoever. So so good. 

The Reception

Don't be fooled...Natalie with the help of her family, strung each and every one of these lanterns. Don't they look amazing?!

The venue sits on the Eel River, which meets up with the Atlantic (far body of water in this picture). Stunning view!

J's idea of a good picture pose...

Absolutely love these ladies

What a beautiful sky! Seriously, ideal weather.

My only complaint about the wedding is that it went by too fast! It was such a fun evening celebrating with the best of friends. We had so much fun! Can't wait until another college roommate ties the knot (next year!).

Congratulations Natalie & Tom!

xoxo

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips