Friday, August 16, 2013

101 in 1001

Ever since I first saw this idea, I knew it was something I wanted to participate in. While I love the 30 before 30 lists, I still have a ways to go before then. My goal was to coincide writing this list with 1001 days to go before I turned 30....but apparently my math is off. And once I realized I had less than 1001 days until I turned 30, I procrastinated making this list even more. Not all that surprised with myself there.

My 30th birthday is 954 days from today (today = August, 16, 2013 / 30th = March 28, 2016). Just over 2.5 years away. And while I'd like to do many of the following 101 items by my 30th birthday, the real end date is: May 13, 2016.



So here goes, here is my
101 in 1001

Health & Fitness
  1. Run a 5k
  2. Run a 10k
  3. Run another half-marathon
  4. Try cross-fit
  5. Take power yoga monthly for at least 6 months
  6. Try pilates
  7. Enjoy green smoothies daily for an entire month
  8. Join a gym

Food/Drink
  1. Make pasta from scratch
  2. Make [french] macaroons
  3. Make mom’s tiramisu recipe
  4. Maka J’s nana’s apple pie from scratch
  5. Help make homemade raviolis for the holidays
  6. Try 5 new foods
  7. Try pho (this gets its own because I can't believe I still haven't had it)
  8. Cook dinner every night for an entire month
  9. Make homemade ice cream
  10. Make a carrot cake
  11. [Try to] enjoy a glass of bourbon on the rocks
  12. Start up a Sunday dinner tradition with family

Entertaining
  1. Host a holiday
  2. Host a lobster boil
  3. Host a wine tasting event
  4. Brew beer
  5. Throw a surprise party for someone
  6. Host a housewarming/open house party
  7. Host an annual cookout (4th of July perhaps?)

House & Home
  1. Stencil a room or piece of furniture
  2. Wallpaper a room
  3. Build a new desk for our office (help J do it...)
  4. Sew curtains & pillow covers
  5. Paint all of the rooms in our house (they all need to be...)
  6. Install hardwood floors in the family room (help J do it...)
  7. Build a master bathroom (or hire someone else to do it)
  8. Build a master closet space
  9. Renovate the guest bathroom
  10. Upgrade the back deck
  11. Fix the pool area - jets, concrete, pavers
  12. Paint the kitchen cabinets
  13. Plant a vegetable garden
  14. Plant flowers
  15. And keep said flowers alive for more than one season
  16. Print photos and actually get some frames on the walls/shelves
  17. Refinish an old piece of furniture
  18. Reupholster a piece of furniture
  19. IKEA hack something (if you don’t know, now you know)
  20. Clean out my closet, pare down to the staple pieces
  21. Clean up the laundry area of the basement, make it pretty

Investments
  1. Buy a car
  2. Pay off (some) student loans
  3. Increase my 401k payments
  4. Purchase a DSLR camera
  5. Invest in a tablet - IPad, Samsung...
  6. Invest in a great, classic handbag
  7. And maybe a great pair of shoes...

Travel
  1. Travel to a state I haven’t visited yet
  2. Travel to Washington DC
  3. Plan a girls trip
  4. Plan a trip with my mom and sister
  5. Travel to Europe
  6. Visit a National Park with J
  7. Take a road trip with J and Tuck
  8. Travel to Hawaii

Read/Watch/Do
  1. Re-read the entire Harry Potter series
  2. Read something nonfiction
  3. Re-watch Titanic
  4. Read/watch something that’s never really interested me - Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones
  5. Get a library card, and use it
  6. Go to the ballet
  7. Go to the theatre
  8. Go sailing/boating
  9. Go camping
  10. Go hiking
  11. Get our Morocco trip photos into an album
  12. Get our honeymoon photos into an album
  13. Go to a jazz bar
  14. Attend a music festival
  15. Go to a Patriots game (can’t believe I still haven’t been)
  16. Plan a staycation
  17. Clean out my makeup bag
  18. Find, and wear, the perfect red lipstick
  19. Monogram something
  20. Get a great pair of pajamas
  21. Learn to make the perfect flower arrangements by vase shape/size
  22. Find the perfect gift for someone
  23. Send out greeting cards, just because

Personal [Improvement]
  1. Go to a blogging conference
  2. Learn more html coding
  3. Organize my computer folders/pictures/documents
  4. Take a photography class
  5. Take a cooking class
  6. Attend a speaking event
  7. Get involved in the community
  8. Renew my CPA license when needed
  9. Get a promotion at work
  10. Find a new church, and go more often than holidays
  11. Find a hobby that helps decrease stress (and gray hairs)
  12. Book a spa day
  13. Learn something new
  14. Be more patient
  15. Have a baby

102....And one extra just because....inspire someone else to write their own 101 in 1001.


Have a fantastic weekend!


Linking up with H54F, Friday Favorites

If you like this post please let me know by leaving a comment or liking my Facebook page. You can also follow along on TwitterPinterest, and Instagram. Let's stay in touch!



1 comment:

  1. Cross off 102, you have inspired me to do my own list!! I love how you broke it down into sub sections!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips