Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Birchbox: February

My most recent birchbox was a hit! I thought I had already found the perfect curly hair cream, but this month's birchbox proved me wrong.

What did I get?





Let's see, the Tweek hair cream is awesome. My hair seems to be a little curlier with it, but still so soft. It's alcohol and silicone-free which definitely helps keep my hair healthy and frizz free.

When I first opened up this birchbox, I have to admit, I wasn't all that thrilled to see mascara. I'm in love with the Clinique masacaras (these two) and doubt I'll find anything I like better (I've tried). But, I decided I'd give the LashFushion a try when we headed out to a few open houses this past Sunday. Gotta say, I was pleasantly surprised! It won't be replacing Clinique for me, but I've been using it during the week, saving the lash lengthening mascara I have for nights out.

The Juicy Couture perfume is nice! Do I plan to buy the full size? Probably not. But, I like it enough to put the trial size in my travel bag for future uses.

And lastly, the mattifying moisurizer is awesome. It really works! I was telling my sister about it one afternoon and she asked me if it worked. I ran walked quickly to the office bathroom and checked out my skin. No shine! I checked again once home from work, still no shine. W-o-w. The only downfall to this moisturizer? No SPF! Really?! I am definitely not the safest girl on the beach when it comes to SPF, but I do try to wear it daily on my face. So this past week I've used a thin layer of the mattifying moisturizer, a thin layer of my regular Olay moisturizer, and then a thin layer of the Olay CC cream I picked up (and loooove). Thank goodness the weather has been cold and dry, otherwise I think this triple-layer of moisturizer would cause me to have some serious breakouts.

Thank you for another month of great products Birchbox!

Want to check out my past reviews? January, December, November, September/October, July/August


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips